Friday, August 16, 2013

Combining for the bling

I almost named this post "Cool shots of recent random pretty thingies that make me more than a little impressed with the camera capabilities on my cell phone"

BUT

A. That had the air of that Vogon poetry classic:  "Ode to a lump of putty I found in my armpit one midsummer morning."
B. I noticed that all three of these shots had something in common: they were all combinations of elements that I put together to make into far groovier bling. Kinda like, you know, the recipes from the food baskets on Chopped but without any canned yucca root.

Item the first:
Request for trim that has the "general air of ermine" but with red in it:
(Haven't heard the customer's reaction yet - but I LOVE it)


Item the second: I picked up the jewelled round thingies at the Beaver Brand hat auction last month. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with them at the time, but now I know. I sure do LOVE the way it came out. I also love that I have these round thingies in about six colors. :) I just added it to a regular gold filigree stamping, and it looks much broochy-er.*  (Broochier? Broochich? more Broochy?)

* My spell check is going to have a PARTY with that one.)

Item the third: Put three very basic elements together to make this really sweet, curveable hatband:

that needed to coordinate-with-but-not-match THIS trim:
Looks like a win, and the customer was very pleased.
I will get to see that one at the Minnesota Renaissance Faire this Sunday. We'll see if we can get an action shot :)

Incedentally, whose spell check doesn't know the word Bling?
(hint: mine)

Anyway - that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment