Friday, July 15, 2011

So much hat stuff - so little time!

Aannd - so much hat stuff has happened in the last little while that I've NO idea where to start.

  • Met Wayne Wichern in San Fransisco (AWESOME!)
  • Went to the Dancing Hats event in Seattle where I met a whole bucket of wonderful local Seattle milliners
  • Attended another Nancy's Sewing Basket class, (taught by Izzie Lewis) where I made my first fascinator AND actually made some wonderful rolled edge organza flowers, of which there WILL be pictures but are not yet.
  • Have developed a totally new style of hat in my "line" which is a pretty standard eight piece newsboy cap. They are cute, adjustable, unisex, sewn hats and I'm having SO much fun with them! I've no idea yet where my marketplace will be. Thinking about farmer's markets and/or Etsy
  • Got reading/sewing glasses - cause apparently 41 is old enough to warrant those :(
  • And sent this custom order off in the nick of time:
He's lookin SO awesome!
I love it when customers provide me with photos of the hats in their natural habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment