Friday, May 27, 2011

Two cockades - process shots

Here are some of my process shots of a couple of the cockades I made
 in the Candace Kling Cockades Class (hereafter known as the CKCC)

Here is a paper mockup:
 And here are the loops I cut out of 1.5" ribbon:
 The loops all sewn together in that very specific way...
 And the cockade laid out on crinoline and pinned out on the grid, all ready to stitch in place.
 The crinoline trimmed down, the loops pinned with teensy clips, stitching with strong thread. You can see what it is going to look like here, just needs the crinoline to be trimmed back and a button stitched over the center.
 A different cockade, I made 22 (I think) of these motifs. Made them in the green paper first - just to figure out what I was doing.
 All pinned to the grid. I didn't get this stitched till many days later, but isn't it AWESOME!
And....that's all she wrote today.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I have been dying to figure out how to make these.

    xoxo
    Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Austin -
    Glad they were helpful :) In case you are interested, I'm teaching a full-day millinery workshop of four classes on June 25th in LA. (I think the cost is $50 for the day in order to cover my flight and supplies.) I will be teaching three hands-on cockades, as well as a millinery materials class, a featherwork class, and a demo on pulled felt hats. If you are interested, please send me a note at trulinor@yahoo.com and I'll get you in touch with the organizer of the workshop.

    ReplyDelete